This weekend was really productive! I spent no less than 2 hours in Baby's R Us getting the rest of the stuff from our registry that we still needed. (using my 10% off coupon... they're so good at snagging you into it!)
We still needed some things like the baby nail clippers, another box of bottles, etc. AND I got a 20% price adjustment on the playpen / bassinet that we bought two weeks ago. Woo hoo!
Then on Sunday my good friend Amy came over and I put her to work... helping me sort more baby clothes (I think I'm finally all done with baby clothes sorting... what a task!), and organize the nursery a bit. I went over to Mike and Carmen's to do some sewing and finished the bed skirt for the crib. It looks so good! Although the pleats that I worked so hard on can't even be seen behind the crib railing. Oh well. I'll send updated nursery pictures later this week. It's starting to look really cute!
I was so exhausted last night after everything that I had to go to bed at 9:30, only to wake up again at 12:30 (when Johnny came to bed) so that I could get up and eat something. This is almost a nightly occurrence... the need for the midnight snack. That and my mid-day naps have been getting me through.
I've got an updated belly picture! (see below). Rather than re posting all of the pictures, I thought I would just give a highlight reel... one pic from each trimester. I think I've still got a few weeks to go, so I'll probably get a bit bigger, but the transition is really cool to see.

We took the last picture (above) last Monday or Tuesday, and I think she's dropped since then. I'll try to remember to take another picture this week to see if I can compare the two and tell any difference. If I can, I'll post another one. I'm still feeling great, if not a little tired here and there. Can't believe we're going to actually have a baby soon! A real baby!
She's moving so much everyday, it's really cool to feel (and watch). I've been trying to attach a video that I took of my belly moving, but for some reason Blogspot isn't letting me upload it.
Tonight Johnny and I are going to (finally) try to install the car seat into the car. And we still need to pack the bag for the delivery. I'd really like to get to the car seat tonight, but if we don't get to the bag packing I'm not too worried. I've heard that, for the most part, the early labor stage gives you time to do things like that, and in fact it's good to save a project for yourself so you have something to occupy your mind during the first stage of labor.
In other news... I'm waddling! Not sure if this is because my back gets achy towards the end of the day (cause it seems I waddle more at the end of the day rather than the beginning), but in any case, my gait has taken on a definite side-to-side motion rather than my usual walk. Ah well... it's all to be expected.
That's all for now. We're getting really excited! And I'm getting a little nervous about the birth, but also just can't wait to have her in our arms.
Cheers!
You are just too cute! I am excited to meet your daughter! Soon!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete