Hmmm... well, she didn't like June 10th.
Or June 11th
Or June 12th
Or June 13th
I'm not sure which day she wants for her birthday, but it's clear that none of those days were good enough for this little girl. And so... this soon-to-be Mommy and Daddy wait.
and wait
and wait
(sigh)
Yesterday Johnny and I busted our rear ends working on the yard. You would think that two hours of getting down on my hands and knees (or squatting) to pull weeds would have promoted a little labor-like activity. But, unfortunately, the only thing it induced was a horrible case of hay fever. The first true allery-like symptoms I've had this summer and BOY were they miserable! I called the doctor to ask what (if anything) I could take and she suggested that I just stay indoors and use the neti pot. Ugh! No relief in sight!
But, alas... her advice did seem to work as today was slightly more bearable and tonight I feel good. Too bad we squandered the beautiful sunny day by staying indoors, but oh well.
I told the baby today, "Annie... I'm running out of arts and crafts projects to complete before you arrive so you'd better start makin your moves or I just don't know what I'm going to do".
And then, I went to the grocery store and had a serious case of neediness... just felt like running back home and falling into Johnny's arms. No reason, just... maybe... sensing my pending vulnerability as labor approaches. Or some other form of equally understandable hormonally induced emotions. (sigh)
Well... I guess I'll get ready for bed. If labor doesn't start tonight then she might miss what our good friend Mike has been saying will DEFINITELY be her birthday (6/14... flag day). He'll be so disappointed! (of course then maybe I won't have to continue humoring him pretending that he'll be allowed to call her Betsy). (love ya Mike!)
Anyway... to bed with us. nighty night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think 2 days before my labor started I took a huge walk (was trying to get something going too) and nothing happened the next day but I think it was the night of the day after that that labor started. I've been checking to see if you had her yet :) I guess the average for 1st time mama's is 8 days late and that is exactly what I was... I know 8 extra days waiting is not exactly fun... but at least we know they have to come out at some point in time =) good luck!!
ReplyDeleteI just heard that little Miss Clay wanted June 16 to be her birthday! Congrats and I cannot wait to meet her!!!
ReplyDelete