Friday, October 16, 2009

I L-O-V-E Yoga! But this week, it presented some challenges...

Lastnight in Yoga I ran into the second symptom of early pregnancy. The first was the sore boobs which are still there.

The second, is nausea. The Yoga class had been going along fabulously, I felt great, until we started doing some forward folds. And gradually, every time my head would dip below my chest (like in a standing forward fold) I'd get a wave of nausea. And then I realized that I hadn't eaten since lunch.

Bad mistake.

I skipped shavasana and just went home to eat something but when I got to the house it smelled horrible! That morning Johnny had emptied the coffee filter into the garbage and the smell of the stale coffee grinds was so offensive that I asked him to take out the garbage immediately, even though it was almost empty and the coffee was really the only thing in there. Didn't matter. It had to go.

Luckily I was able to get some food down and feel pretty good this morning, but it was a good reminder that I can't just skip meals like I'm used to doing. As my Yoga instructor said to me Yesterday, I must be "like a gazelle" and graze all day. So I'm trying to do that and hopefully I'll manage.

Today is the start of week 7. The tadpole has a little heart bulge and a heart beat and the beginnings of little webbed feet and hands now. And a tail. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment