Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We were all WRONG! (except my Dad and friend Mike)

Johnny and I just KNEW it was going to be a boy. But the results of the ultrasound are that it looks like we are going to be having a perfectly healthy baby girl!! We're so thrilled!

And most importantly, the doctor said that everything looked absolutely normal ("perfect") and that my due date is probably exactly right (give or take one or two days).

I'll post ultrasound pictures tonight... once I can get our stupid scanner to work... it makes me SO MAD that I can't scan just because the printer is out of ink. Stupid Epson. And no... us having an Epson is NOT my choice... I know HP's better. The reason we have an Epson is entirely Johnny's fault. And partially Pierre's since he gave it to us. But I digress...

Yeah!!! A little girl!!!!

The only bad news is it looks like she's going to inherit my feet (a genetic legacy passed down from my father)! That means a super bizarre long second toe that is longer than her big toe. Poor little girl. (hee hee)

Last night Johnny woke me up touching my belly at about 4am... he had woken up thinking about our little girl and couldn't fall back asleep. So we laid in bed talking about it all... I knew it would feel more real after the ultrasound and, well, it definitely does. We've actually seen her moving around... we saw her kicking her little legs and moving her arms around. She's really there! Wow wow wow.

Other good news... I'm starting to feel her move around now. Just slight little things, but I'm getting more confident that that is what it is. Again... wow, wow, wow. What a thrilling ride.

2 comments:

  1. Those first movements are so cool. I remember trying to figure it out. Is it gas or is it her? I don't think I ever thought about gas so much. Then I just knew it was Lyla and the nurse would tell me, it's too early. But I would feel her right where they were looking at her. Sometimes you just know!

    I'm so happy for you guys. Little girls are the best. Enjoy the ride. There is nothing like the bond of preparing for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt and I were a hung jury as stated earlier, but my guess was the correct one!

    Congratulations on your sweetest angel!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete